Members and fellow officers, please read below and take appropriate action!
From The Vice President - Legislative Affairs
NGAMN Legislative Alert - Legislative Call to Action 2016-1: HF137 & SF295
We need your support!
NGAMN strongly supports Minnesota House File, HF137 and Minnesota Senate File, SF 295, Military retirees and survivors allowed a subtraction from taxable income, a bill changing Minnesota law, allowing military retirees and survivors to receive an exemption from taxable military retirement income. Please let your elected officials know that you support this change in Minnesota law too! Encourage your state legislators to support this bill and to keep military retirees spending their retirement dollars in Minnesota.
More details here: Legislative Call to Action 2016-1: HF137 & SF295
You can contact your state legislators via CAPWIZ on our website, www.ngamn.org.
Advocate and represent all Members and Families of the Minnesota National Guard (MNNG); Past, Present, and Future.
- Member organization for the Soldiers, Airmen and Families of the Minnesota National Guard.
- Free 1st year membership in NGAMN to all new Officer/Warrant members of the MNNG.
- State Sponsored Life Insurance Program (SSLI) providing outstanding benefit to members AND families not available through SGLI.
- Free $10,000 one year life insurance to all new members of MNNG.
- Scholarship program for any active member, retired life member, alumni life member, or spouse/child/grandchild of an active member or retired/alumni life member of NGAMN.
- Advocate within the state and nationally to promote those issues which will enhance the combat readiness of the MNNG.
- Care for the well-being of the MNNG soldiers, airmen and their families.
- Successful in lobbying for dozens of benefits such as enlistment bonuses, upgrades to weapon systems and equipment, tax exempt state drill pay as well as AGR pay and many more.
- Fully supports the advocacy of NGAUS and EANGUS at the National level.
- Member organization operated by service members, for service members.