Attention NGAMN members,
Those who were deployed to a combat zone in 2012 may be eligible for the
2012 Minnesota military tax credit, which is set to expire on 15 October
2016. The MN Dept of Revenue estimates 2,400 Minnesotans are eligible and
have not yet applied.
See the attached press release or visit the links below to learn more.
Applications must be postmarked by 15 October.
MN Dept of Revenue Newsroom, 22 Sept Press Release:
Star Tribune Article from 26 Sept:
News Release: www.ngamn.org/documents/20160922_Veterans_M99_expire.pdf
Pass along to those you know that may be eligible.
As you have likely heard by now, the Minnesota Legislature passed a bill earlier this year with respect to exempting military retired pay from state income taxes. This measure was passed in the Omnibus Budget rather than Omnibus Tax Bill and thus may cause some confusion or questions among members or tax preparers.
Questions should be addressed to the Minnesota Department of Revenue via their website, www.revenue.state.mn.us, or via phone at 651.296.3781 or 1.800.652.9094.
Additionally, tax preparation guidance should be able to be found by consulting the 2016 Minnesota Individual Income Tax Instructions once published.
NGAMN Board of Directors
Advocate and represent all Members and Families of the Minnesota National Guard (MNNG); Past, Present, and Future.
- Military retirement pay exempt from state taxes - passed in 2016
- Member organization for the Soldiers, Airmen and Families of the Minnesota National Guard.
- Free 1st year membership in NGAMN to all new Officer/Warrant members of the MNNG.
- State Sponsored Life Insurance Program (SSLI) providing outstanding benefit to members AND families not available through SGLI.
- Free $10,000 one year life insurance to all new members of MNNG.
- Scholarship program for any active member, retired life member, alumni life member, or spouse/child/grandchild of an active member or retired/alumni life member of NGAMN.
- Advocate within the state and nationally to promote those issues which will enhance the combat readiness of the MNNG.
- Care for the well-being of the MNNG soldiers, airmen and their families.
- Successful in lobbying for dozens of benefits such as enlistment bonuses, upgrades to weapon systems and equipment, tax exempt state drill pay as well as AGR pay and many more.
- Fully supports the advocacy of NGAUS and EANGUS at the National level.
- Member organization operated by service members, for service members.