McGough / NGAMN Academic Scholarships
One (1) available $1000 scholarship sponsored by McGough Construction Co., LLC
Two (2) available $500 scholarships sponsored by NGAMN
*** Request an application from email@example.com. Deadline June 30th, 2020, TOPIC: Selfless Service ***
The National Guard Association of Minnesota (NGAMN) Annual Scholarship Information Letter:
- The NGAMN Executive Board has voted to continue the annual award of scholarships: One (1) $1000 McGough Construction Co., LLC sponsored scholarship and two (2) $500 NGAMN sponsored scholarships.
- This policy letter will serve as the authorizing document for the identification, selection, and awarding of the scholarships. This letter also establishes minimum guidelines for qualifying applicants and timelines for submission of application materials.
- The following are approved categories of eligible applicants for the scholarship.
- Any active member, retired life member, alumni life member, or spouse/child/grandchild of an active member or retired/alumni life member of NGAMN may apply to compete for a scholarship.
- The top applicant (any category) will be awarded the $1000 McGough Construction Co., LLC scholarship.
- The runner-up from the active member/ retired/alumni life member category will be awarded a $500 scholarship.
- The runner-up from the spouse/child/grandchild of active member/ retired/alumni life member category will be awarded a $500 scholarship.
- The following minimum qualifications must be met to be eligible to receive the scholarships.
- The applicant must be currently attending an accredited institution of higher learning ("college") and pursuing a program that will lead to a bachelors degree, graduate degree, or post graduate degree.
- The applicant must have a minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA to be eligible.
- The applicant must be attending college at least 6 semester credits/hours (undergraduate degree) or 3 semester credits/hours (graduate/post-graduate degree) each semester during the past 2 Semesters.
- The following documents must be provided to NGAMN Executive Director by email in combined PDF file not later than the annual due date listed above.
- A copy of the applicant's transcripts from the college that the applicant is attending (official transcripts are not required).
- Typewritten essay by applicant (at least 1 page but not more than 2 pages, double spaced, 10-point Times New Roman Font with 1" margins) addressing what the selected Army / Air Force Value for that year and listed in item 10 below means to them personally and professionally.
- A resume or biographical summary for the applicant.
- The following submission timelines are in effect.
- Each year submissions are required to be emailed to NGAMN Executive Director at the email shown above no later than June 30th.
- The application materials will be reviewed and voted on by voting members of the Executive Board in July and the recipients will be invited to the August Executive Board meeting for the presentation of the scholarship checks.
- All annual scholarship awards will be paid directly to the applicant for use to offset the costs of pursuing a degree.
- All decisions by the NGAMN Executive Board are final.
- The voting members of the NGAMN Executive Board are the President, VP Army, and VP Air. Alternate voting members (in order) are the Secretary and Treasurer.
- Each of the Army / Air Force values has been assigned a year for the essay topic.
- 2020 - SELFLESS SERVICE
- 2021 - HONOR
- 2022 - INTEGRITY
- Recipients of a scholarship are not eligible to apply again for a minimum of three (3) years.
2019 Scholarship Award Winner: Jonathan Burt