Chiropractic Health Parity
Chiropractic Legislation Update - The current legislature has proposed H.R. 344/S. 30. "Chiropractic Health Parity for Military Beneficiaries Act". We want Minnesota to lead the charge to pass this legilslation. We urge NGAMN members to send the draft letter below to their federal elected officials.
Below are the instructions to submit a letter to your Elected Officials. Please read all instruction first before acting.
- Click EANGUS Legislative Call to Action Page in a seperate window to find the online form.
- Scroll down to the "Find Officials" Dialogue Box.
- Enter your ZIP code, click the small grey arrow (Enter will not submit).
- Enter your Street Address, click the small grey arrow (Enter will not submit).
- Under Federal officials, select them all - DO NOT selesct any State Officials.
- Click "Compose Message"
- Copy and paste the following into the subject: Tricare Coverage for Chiropractic Care
- Copy and paste the message following these instructions into the Message Body of the form.
- Enter in the remaining required information.
- Click "Send Message"
- Topic One select "Veteran Affairs"
- Prefix select "Dr." as it is gender neutral.
- Finally, click "Send Message"
Message to Copy and Paste is below:
I writing to urge you to co-sponsor and support H.R. 344/S. 30 "Chiropractic Health Parity for Military Beneficiaries Act".
This bi-partisan legislation is priority for our association. We would like to see all of our elected officials from Minnesota as co-sponsors leading the charge to pass this legislation. Sen Amy Klobuchar is co-sponsor for S. 30.
Chiropractic care is available to Medicare beneficiaries, federal employees covered under the FEHB program, and active duty service members through military treatment facilities prior to retirement. This drug-free approach to pain management should also be available to TRICARE recipients..
Reason to prioritize this legislative effort include:
1. Skeletal-muscular injuries are the number one complaint of service members returning home from deployment
2. Chiropractic care is the most cost effective approach to treating injuries according to OPTUM health study
3. Drug-free approach reduces risk of addiction to pain killers and opioids and the related suicides
4. Chiropractic care is the preferred treatment method according to past Department of Defense studies
5. Over 9 million TRICARE users are currently lacking coverage for chiropractic care
Thank you for your public service your desire to help ensure that service members and their families receive the best care.